Friday, August 3, 2012

Medieval Wedding in the Woods

I spent the better part of May, June, and July making clothing for a Rennaissance themed wedding. I made about 75 garments to clothe 20 of the 24 participants, including bride, groom, men and ladies in waiting, children, and parents. It was hard work and I learned some things along the way, but overall I was happy with the results.







The wedding took place in a woodland chapel created by the bride's father.




The bride and groom enjoy attending renaissance faires, and the wedding resembled one, from the proclamation style invitations to the castle wedding cake. Many of the guests dressed up.


A castle wedding cake- of course!




I am looking forward to a little time off, but I enjoyed the time I spent sewing for this bunch.  





























16 comments:

  1. next project...Cagwin Photography (http://www.cgwinphoto.com) would like an estimate on a "Father Christmas" outfit. Custom Santa suit plus father Christmas cape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look lovely!!! Kudos to you for making garments that look great on each and every one of the members of the wedding party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Erin! And Kathy, I messages you privately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow wow.
    this is so beautiful.
    what a great job. I love the outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job! My daughter loves Rennaissance Faires also. I don't know how you did it! Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The discipline I learned costuming theatrical productions (where there is always a deadline) helped keep me on track.

      Delete
  6. wow, you did an amazing job making all the wonderful outfits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lucky daughter to have you do this for her. A wonderful amazing job Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bride is not my daughter- she hired me to do her wedding.

      Delete
  8. These are beautiful!!!!! I am just at the beginning of something similar for my daughter's wedding (June 2013). I am having a problem finding patterns for the guys outfits. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The costume section of the McCalls, Simplicity and Butterick pattern books is a good place to start. The Haloween editions should be out any day now if they aren't already. All three companies have renaissance patterns for both men and women. You can also type renaissance wear patterns into google and come up with several small companies that specialize in it. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  9. Not many folks would take on such a large job - I am duly impressed with your bravery! Fantastic work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks- it was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun.

      Delete