When I cut out the pattern pieces, I eliminated the back overlap as I intended to install a zipper. I rolled the edges of the georgette before installing the zipper, the entredeux lace, and assembling the garment. The pattern pieces went together easily.
Once the body of the lining was done, I made the pleated flounce. Using a gridded ruler and rotary cutter, I cut a piece twice as wide as the directions instructed, then folded and pressed it in half before pleating to give the bottom of the dress some weight.
I do not own a pleater, so gave it a try with my ruffler foot, as it actually makes small pleats, which I then pressed in place. This method worked reasonably well, but it was tedious.
Once the lining and outer dress were assembled, I pinned them together as you would a lined vest, leaving the shoulder seams open for turning. I clipped and trimmed the seams, then turned and pressed the dress.
Another change I made from the pattern is the armhole seam allowance. Sewing a fat 5/8” seam widened the formerly tight arm openings enough to make them comfortable for the modern wearer.
next time- the finished dress.