Sunday, October 21, 2012

Favorite Sewing Tools

Everyone has favorite tools. Sometimes they are used as they were intended to be used, other times not. Here are a few of mine.

The bodkin. It beats a safety pin hands down for threading elastic or cording through a casing.


My set of tube turners. This is one of the best things I ever bought. Big or small- as in button loop or spaghetti strap small- you can turn a sewn tube right side out in a jiffy.


I love scissors and have a collection of them.My favorites are the XL Fiskars and the XS embroidery snips.


I have a gridded quilter's ruler with raised lines on the back to keep it from slipping. You can use it like a ruler, or a square, or to mark angles. You can see through it which is really handy, and did I mention this model has a raised grid on the back? The smooth ones slip and slide even with anti slip dots on the back. I love this ruler.

Tailor's chalk isn't used as often as it once was, but I still prefer it over marking pencils and markers.


The ergonomic seam ripper is a huge help if you have arthritis- and even if you don't. It it easy to hang on to, which makes the work easier. What tools do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment